It is now up to the public to decide who the winner is, and we’d be thrilled if you’d vote for us!
To vote, visit www.homebuilding.co.uk/news/awards
We are no. 6 and mid-way down the page but to vote it’s just after entry 19.
Please feel free to share this with colleagues, relatives, friends, and anyone else who you think might be interested!
Springfield Meadows is a Climate Positive development of 16 private homes and 9 affordable. All 25 are built to the same Passivhaus thermal performance standards. We think Springfield Meadows is the most sustainable development in the country because we’ve combined a few things that haven’t been done together before.
– Better than zero embodied carbon
– Net-zero energy in use
– One Planet Living® Global Leadership by Bioregional
– Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust (BBOWT) partnership
– Elimination of gas utilities to create an all-electric development and eliminate fossil fuels.
– An electric car club with cars from GRIDSERVE and chargers from myenergi
– To achieve better than zero embodied carbon, we build houses that lock-up more carbon than they emit and generate more energy than they use.
We call this Climate Positive. In order to lock up more carbon than we emit, we build with bio-based materials instead of bricks & block. We used cross laminated timber supplied by Stora Enso. We also aim to minimise the use of cement, steel & other high energy materials.
We still think it’s the most sustainable development in the country and we are so proud to have been shortlisted for this National Award.
Many thanks for voting,
The Greencore Team